10 Commandments in creating an advertisement
1. Use value for customer’s benefit.
2. Be specifics as it works better than generalities.
3. When you advertise for a specific gender use a photograph or an illustration with a representative of that gender.
4. Use color wherever possible as four color ads are 100% more memorable.
5. Address your copy to second person singular and never plural.
6. Always try to include the price of your products.
7. Photograph has priority over graphics.
8. Always set type black on white.
9. Do not set your headline and any text in upper case.
10. Do not superimpose headline on your illustration.